This course covers the theoretical and practical aspects of fire arts safety and is based on the GardeFeu protocol.
This course is recognized by insurers requiring proof of fire artist competency.
This course is a prerequisite for:
- Participate in GardeFeu's fire jam and other fire activities.
- Obtain the Fire Artist Certification (only for professional performers who perform and need proof of successful completion of the course for their insurance carrier).
There are no refunds for failure.
How the course is run
This course takes place over 2 evenings and is offered in Montreal during the weekly training sessions between May 1st and October 15th. (To take the course outside this period, see the independent instructors at the bottom of the page)
- Theoretical safety course (3h)
- Theoretical exam
- Practical safety course (1h)
- Practical exam
- First round of safety under supervision
Proof of enrollment in an educational institution is required for the student package.
Circus School Package
A proof of registration in one of the following circus schools is required for this package.
- Verdun Circus School
- National Circus School
- Quebec City Circus School
The following instructors are authorized to teach the Course 101 Safety in fire arts outside of the organization's regular activities. The terms and conditions of the teaching (location, rates, dates) are left to their discretion and may differ from the rates offered during GardeFeu evenings.